The Open League is designed to allow men and women to play baseball with their friends and to have fun. This division plays on a field at all the major league dimensions.
Men and women aged 18+ years of age are eligible to play. The season typically begins after the long weekend in May and ends with playoffs by mid-August.
||2 games/week - Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays
||8:30pm (weekdays) 5:30pm & 8:30pm (Sundays)
|Number of Games:
||12-15 + Playoffs
||IDA Park, Sinclair Yards
||TBD in End of August
|Teams are provided:
||Catching Equipment, Bats and Balls
||Glove, Bat, Athletic Supporter, Batting Helmet
||Rubber or Metal Cleats, Batting Gloves
||18U Black Sox
- Each player will register with SMBA online - www.sooball.com
- Current family rates will apply.
- See registration page for more information.
- Teams will be submitted, formed or drafted by teams managers after general registration.
- When players register, they can specify the team name or team manager name.
- Players are encouraged to list the names of the teammates they want to play with if they can’t field a full team. (ex: group of 2, group of 5).
- We will try to form teams using the small groups.
- Team managers will draft the remaining players.
- We will ask for team managers to step forward.
- Teams will be made up of 13 players.
- The draft will take place in May.
- Evaluations or tryouts may take place.
- Teams managers will act as a spokesperson for their team.
- Teams will be provided with catching equipment, bats and balls.
- Teams are required to purchase their own jerseys and batting helmets.
- The team can purchase other additional uniform or equipment items. Ex: more bats (wood or aluminum), hats, pants, 1st baseman glove, etc.
- Same SMBA rules as house league to be followed including the scoring and pitching rules. (See SMBA playing rules available on our website.)
- There are no rules regarding playing time.
- Teams may use aluminum or wooden baseball bats at their choice.
- Rules will be reviewed with team managers.
- Field: E Field - Sinclair Yards
- Number of games: 12-15 regular season.
- Game nights:
- Tuesdays 8:30pm
- Thursdays 8:30pm
- Sundays 5:30 & 8:30pm
(Schedule will depend on the number of teams.)
- Rainouts: reschedule when possible.
- All registered players are eligible.
- All non-registered players must have played 5 regular season games to be eligible.
SMOKING & ALCOHOL
- Permanent signs to be posted in the dugouts regarding no smoking and no drinking.
- Teams will be made aware of city laws.
- Umpires will monitor and enforce these rules/laws.
- Players will be ejected from the game if laws are broken.
If you have any questions, please contact Open League convener, Jon Pasiak at [email protected].